How to Apply
Yorkshire Academy maintains a safe and structured learning environment that is appropriate for all its students. For this reason, we ask that applicants exhibit academic ability and ethical character for admission.
We enthusiastically encourage new students to apply as soon as possible. Our commitment to providing small class sizes dictates the number of new applicants we can accept each year. Continuing students receive enrollment priority.
Step 1—Learn About our School
Read Our Brochures
Visit The School
- Schedule a tour to visit the school and meet our teachers.
Join Our Open House
Everyone is welcome! No registration is required. This event is a great opportunity to take a tour of Yorkshire’s programs for students 18 months to fifth grade. Bring a friend.
- January 26, 2023 from 5 to 7 p.m.
Join Our Open House Coffee
Please register at [email protected]
- January 27, 2023 from 10 to 11 a.m.
Step 2—Tuition & Fees
- Review our 2023–2024 Tuition Schedule (PDF).
Step 3—Submit an Application
- Go to our Payment Portal and create a Family Account.
You will then be able to submit the online application for admission and pay the nonrefundable application fee.
- Learn about our Requirements for Admission and Admissions Procedures (PDF).
- Important: You must comply with our Immunization Policy (PDF).
Step 4—Admissions Requirements
Early Childhood to Pre-Kindergarten
- Testing is not needed but a school visit is required and arranged by appointment.
Kindergarten to Fifth Grade
- Grades K to 1 applicants take the WPPSI test.
- Grades 2 to 5 applicants take the WISC test.
- Parents should schedule all tests with Education Specialists:
- Testing Instructions and Form (PDF)
- A payment of $300 is due to Education Specialists at the time of testing.
Entrance Age Requirements
By September 1st of current school year.
- Cottage/MDO: 18 months
- Preschool: 3 years
- Pre-Kindergarten: 4 years
- Kindergarten: 5 years
- Grades 1 to 5: age and grade appropriate
Step 5—Teacher Recommendation
- Download our teacher recommendation form for—
- Forward the form to your child’s current homeroom teacher who should return the completed form to Yorkshire Academy Admissions Office.
- Kindergarten: a recommendation is only required if your child has attended another school program.
- Submit a copy of your child’s—
- Current and previous year’s report card
- School records
- Most recent standardized testing
- Our 2021–2022 Immunization Record/Statement of Health (PDF)
- Copy of birth certificate
- A recent photograph
- Learn about Texas Immunization Requirements (PDF)
Contact our Admissions Office at 281.531.6088 or submit our contact form.
Yorkshire Academy Non-Discriminatory Policy
Yorkshire Academy admits students of any race, color, and national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities made available to students at our school. Yorkshire Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, and national and ethnic origin in administration of our educational policies, admissions policies, and other school-administered programs.