How to Apply
Yorkshire Academy maintains a safe and structured learning environment that is appropriate for all its students. For this reason, we ask that applicants exhibit academic ability and ethical character for admission.
We enthusiastically encourage new students to apply as soon as possible. Our commitment to providing small class sizes dictates the number of new applicants we can accept each year. Continuing students receive enrollment priority.
Step 1—Learn About our School
Read Our Brochures
Visit The School
- Schedule a tour to visit the school and meet our teachers.
Join Our Open House
Everyone is welcome! No registration is required. This event is a great opportunity to take a tour of Yorkshire’s programs for students 18 months to fifth grade. Bring a friend.
- January 24, 2019 from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- January 25, 2019 from 10:00 to 11 a.m.
- Open House Invitation (PDF)
Step 2—Submit an Application, Review our Tuition Schedule
- Go to our Payment Portal and create a Family Account.
- You will then be able to submit the online application for admission and pay the nonrefundable application fee.
- Requirements for Admission and Admissions Procedures (PDF)
- Tuition Schedule 2019–2020 (PDF)
Step 3—Admissions Requirements
Early Childhood to Pre-Kindergarten
- Testing is not needed but a school visit is required and arranged by appointment.
Kindergarten to Fifth Grade
- Grades K to 1 applicants take the WPPSI test.
- Grades 2 to 5 applicants take the WISC test.
- Parents should schedule all tests with Education Specialists; 10700 Richmond Avenue, Suite #201, 713-461-7996.
- A payment of $250 is due to Education Specialists at the time of testing.
Entrance Age Requirements
By September 1st of current school year.
- Cottage/MDO: 18 months
- Preschool: 3 years
- Pre-Kindergarten: 4 years
- Kindergarten: 5 years
- Grades 1 to 5: age and grade appropriate
Step 4—Teacher Recommendation
- Download our teacher recommendation form for—
- Forward the form to your child’s current homeroom teacher who should return the completed form to Yorkshire Academy Admissions Office.
- Kindergarten: a recommendation is only required if your child has attended another school program.
- Submit a copy of your child’s—
- Current and previous year’s report card
- School records
- Most recent standardized testing
- Our 2018-2019 Immunization Record/Statement of Health (PDF)
- Copy of birth certificate
- A recent photograph
- Learn about Texas Immunization Requirements (PDF)
Contact our Admissions Office at 281.531.6088 or submit our contact form.