Early Childhood Education Programs in Houston, TX
The key to the success of Yorkshire Academy’s West Houston Early Learning (Cottage) program is respect. Our teachers are dedicated to making each day special for these little learners. Two-year olds develop so quickly, it is vital that the curriculum is continually meeting their needs.
Academic and Enrichment Programs for Student Success
Yorkshire Academy specializes in early childhood education programs in Houston, TX. Our secure and nurturing environment is home to approximately 300 students from Houston and around the world. When we say early education, we aren’t exaggerating. We accept students as young as 18 months because it’s critical to get an early start on quality education. We invite you to learn more about our early childhood education programs and apply to Yorkshire today.
Yorkshire Academy Mission
Here at Yorkshire Academy in Houston, TX, our mission is to establish a first-time school experience away from home that is very engaging, warm, trusting, and nurturing.
Your Child’s Age
- 18 months to 3 years
Why Yorkshire Academy?
- We provide your children with a safe and secure environment
- Our teacher-to-student ratio for 18-month-olds with a teaching assistant is 2:8
- Our teacher-to-student ratio for two and ½-year-olds with a teaching assistant is 2:8
- Our teacher-to-student ratio for upper twos for a maximum of 10 students with a full-time assistant is 2:10
- We offer three parent/teacher conferences per year.
- Our children and parents love our Frog Street Toddler Curriculum
- We are known for our Circle of Friends
- In a day and age where it’s often forgotten, we provide the physical education your children need
- Our library’s special stories are fun and educational
- We utilize the outside learning environment as well as the traditional classroom
- Our early childhood curriculum meets the standards for the early learning goals of Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 of the British School curriculum
Don’t forget all the messy things it’s difficult to do at home like painting, using Play-Doh®, having fun with slime, playing in the water and sand, making shaving cream art, gluing, and so many other fun activities that are key in developing fine motor skills!
An Early Learning Curriculum with Proven Results
Our Cottage/Early Learning program is often the first school experience your child will have. Our Frog Street Toddler-Nurturing Curiosity through Exploration track is based on the latest scientific early-brain research. It focuses on enhancing the simple joy of childhood. At Yorkshire Academy, our main focus is to provide a safe and loving environment that’s conducive to learning. We mandate a student/teacher ratio of 2:8 for 18 months to two and a half-year-olds, and a student/teacher ratio of 2:10 for almost three-year-olds. These ratios allow for individual instruction and attention to help your child get the most out of their academic experience. We feel very strongly that the development of positive self-esteem is the foundation of a successful school experience. We strongly emphasize the development of students’ social and self-help skills during these early years to build confidence and independence. We are also keenly focused on helping our students develop gross and fine motor skills.
Students at Yorkshire Academy explore math, language arts, social studies, and science concepts in our early childhood classroom. This is accomplished through the use of manipulatives, experimentation, storytelling, play, and creative dramatics. Language development is key during the early childhood education phase, and music and art are integrated into the curriculum every day. Our teachers track student progress, which is communicated to our students’ parents or guardians. We keep you informed through our daily “Twinkle-Gram” and our monthly “What’s Happening Calendar.” Children also enjoy additional enrichment opportunities, including guest speakers like Mother Goose, local fire and police departments, and puppeteers.
An Opportunity for Your Child to Succeed in Houston, TX
Quality education is important for children of all ages, but it’s especially crucial for those in the early childhood stages of 18 months to three years old. If you’re looking for a private school that focuses on a secure and nurturing environment, look no further than Yorkshire Academy. Our blend of academic and enrichment classes has been attracting families from Houston and all over the world for more than 37 years. Our students develop a passion for learning that will last them a lifetime. We’ve been called the West Houston Jewel and the little school making a big impact. Our low teacher to pupil ratios means your children will get the personalized attention they need to succeed, and our enrichment programs combine learning and fun to teach children new skills they’ll be able to use for years to come. If you’re ready to start the application process or have any questions about our early childhood education programs or resources in Houston, feel free to reach out and contact us today.
- Arrival is from 8:45 to 9:00 a.m. with class beginning promptly at 9:00 a.m.
- Students not attending Mid-Day Stay (12:00 to 2:30 p.m.) are escorted to the Memorial drive-thru for 12:00 p.m. pick-up.
- Mid-Day Stay students are to be picked up at the Memorial drive-thru between 2:30 and 2:45 p.m.
Highlights of the Year
- Watching your children develop their independence
- Learning how to be good friends with each other
- Potty training to make things easier at home and at school
- Parties for students and their loved ones to enjoy
- Field Day to give future athletes their time to shine early on
- Cottage Picnic and Puppet Show for old-fashioned fun and friendship